Thursday, October 8, 2009

TBG TV: FOX's Animation Domination – 10/04/2009


Sunday's Rankings (5-3-2-1 scoring)

(1) The Cleveland Show ("Da Doggone Daddy-Daughter Dinner Dance") - FOX is not off to a strong start on Sunday nights, but the hits here (the Kurt Cobain bit, Cleveland Jr. as Prince) trumped the misses (the Halle Berry bit, the "ghost-ride" thing).

(2) The Simpsons ("Bart Gets a 'Z'") - One of Bart's wacky antics goes too far with dire consequences for a secondary character. Yes, again. And, was I the only one who got the "Edna's Edibles" reference? God, I hope not.

(3) American Dad! ("Moon Over Isla Island") - Holy crap, that WAS Ricardo Montalbán as the diminutive dictator! His posthumous cameo couldn't save another episode of "Stan & Roger's Conjoined Shenanigans", though.

(4) Family Guy ("Family Goy") - Not knowing what this episode would be about, I caught the "Superfriends" opening and thought I'd struck the DC Comics fanboy satirical mother load. Instead, I got 30 minutes of never-before-explored Jewish jokes (They have hairy chests! They're tight with a buck! Who knew?!)


MVP - Despite looking like "a racial stereotype in a Ron Howard movie", Cleveland Jr. pretty much slayed as an aspiring bathroom attendant.

Quote of the Night - "You're SUCH a Pollyanna! I bet you kiss prostitutes.", Avery Bullock ("American Dad!")


Current Standings

The Simpsons – 8
The Cleveland Show – 6
Family Guy – 4
American Dad – 4

1 comment:

SHough610 said...

I liked the Simpsons because it explored Krabappel (Krabappel?! I've been calling her Crandall!). But I thought the Cleveland show was the MVP of the night. Remember your comment about how you would have welcomed being offended if it had made you laugh? That's how I felt about Family Guy. I'm Jewish and love when South Park skewers Jews but felt that Family Guy was just unfunny.