Friday, September 18, 2009

TBG TV: 2009 Fall Preview – Friday


Shows I'm Already Watching: As part of the Lonely Blogger Policy, I'm obligated to use the following contrived caveat when discussing my Friday evening viewing…ahem: "Even though I'm RARELY home on Friday nights"… Seriously, though, if you're reading this and you wanna hang out on Friday…maybe play some Wii or watch me eat/review some new fast food in real time…call me. Fun fact: the original Law & Order (NBC) has enjoyed a little renaissance over the past two seasons. Jeremy Sisto and Anthony Anderson have great "buddy-cop" chemistry, while Linus Roache has comfortably settled into the Assistant District Attorney role. Favorite episode from last season: Shooter McGavin guest starred as a murderer who believed he was the illegitimate son of John F. Kennedy. Who played his mom? Blanche Devereaux.

New Show to TiVo: What the…? A brand-new show on the FOX Network with a predominately African-American cast and the word "Brothers" in the title? It's like I went to sleep and woke up in 1997! Look…I know that Brothers is a shallow attempt to capitalize on the imaginary magnetism and make-believe affability of erstwhile NFL superstar Michael Strahan. I know that this show will be lucky to outlast similar ethnic sitcoms like Luis (FOX, 9 episodes), Wanda at Large (FOX, 9 episodes) or…this. Sometimes, though, you've just gotta support a show that's featured in Jet Magazine's weekly TV schedule.

New Show with No Chance: He's a con man who knows the criminal mind. The other guy's an FBI agent. Together they are White Collar - a new drama on the USA Network! Think of it as 48 Hours – 27 Years Later. The teasers even promise a recurring role for Tiffani Amber Thiessen, who I haven't seen since her turn as one of the most egregiously miscast characters in TV history – boss cop Billie Chambers on FOX's awesomely awful Fastlane. Pass.

No comments: