Wednesday, June 25, 2008

TBG Eats: The Prime Rib Burger from Carl's Jr.


Current Weight: 181.8 lbs.

Thursday is fried food day at the San Diego Fair. What can I say…I gotta stretch the belly.

While at last Saturday's wedding on the surface of the sun, one of the hotter guests at our table brought this new menu item to my attention. It was actually part of a much more amusing stretch in which an obviously intoxicated Mrs. Bootleg was loudly outing this blog to her friends and co-workers, while overtly hiking up her skirt in an attempt to beat the heat.

So, for my new readers, welcome!

Carl's Jr. has crafted a pretty clever ad campaign for this particular fat bomb. In all honesty, I've never been compelled to order any of the chain's other meat-topped hamburgers. The Pastrami Burger ran counter to my bigotry towards pastrami (it's so fatty!) and the Philly Cheesesteak Burger seemed like something out of the kitchen of Dr. Moreau…which has a lovely island.

Now, I'm not naïve enough to think that a fast food restaurant would roll out the high quality prime rib. But, even though the meat was more "Arby's" than awesome, the sum of the sandwich's parts more than made up for it.

This one comes in "single", "double" or as part of their "Six Dollar" line. My double came with thin-sliced cow atop two patties, melted Swiss cheese, grilled onions and a mild horseradish sauce. The ciabatta roll soaked up the moderate pond of grease nicely, while the flavors meshed together with the crusty bread and chewy meat textures.

All in all, I gotta say…I'm ready for Thursday.

Grade: 4 (out of 5)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.