Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Flipping Thru: Entertainment Weekly - 10/3/08


"I was convinced an Obama/McCain campaign would be measurably different on almost all standards. And to watch it become Bush/Kerry, Bush/Gore, has been one of the most dissatisfying experiences." - Jon Stewart

Just a terrific cover story/interview in this past week's EW with Comedy Central's Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. I don't watch either The Daily Show or The Colbert Report, but I've read some of Stewart's previous "can I be serious" screeds on politics and the mainstream media.

My disillusionment with the American political process has metastasized into an acrid disgust and Stewart and Colbert capture many of the reasons why. Colbert's comment on the "…14 voters in Boca…" proving the creation of "political science" was equally awesome.


You. Read. Now.

No comments: