Tuesday, November 25, 2008

How Much Am I Worth?


Current Petty Cash Fund: $116.07

Between now and the end of 2009, I'll be taking trips to Utah to see my in-laws, Arizona for Spring Training and Cooperstown to see Rickey Henderson inducted in the Hall of Fame. My A's are also making a swing through Los Angeles and San Diego next year, so that's at least four more games to add to my annual trips up to Anaheim, to say nothing of the inevitable "Rickey Day" (weekend?) ceremony in Oakland.

Not all of these adventures will be enjoyable ("Ogden, hello!") but, they all require funding of some kind. To that end, I'm long overdue for my own liquidation sale.

My collection of DVDs is first on the chopping block. I came to this realization while thumbing through the vast number of never-opened, factory-sealed DVDs collecting dust on the shelves. Hey, I'm as shocked as you that Joy Ride didn't hold its repeat viewing value after the Bootleg's initial Blockbuster rental.

Now, I'm not naïve enough to think that re-selling my unwanted wares will make me rich. Still, if I can turn my trinkets into an on-travel beer n' food fund (and some infrequent blog fodder) then it's all good. And, I can think of no better way to start making fun of myself than to say…lookit all the rasslin' crap I'm sellin'!

I bought The Rock DVD with an old Best Buy gift card and never managed to watch the whole thing. I have no idea how I ended up with the other three. OK, I'm fairly sure I bought them, but it's not like I remember where and when!

Actually, I thought I had more sports-entertainment DVDs than this, but I could only find these four and the Bret Hart n' Ultimate Warrior mock documentaries. The Hart one is as depressing as the Warrior one is mean-spirited and vindictive, but damned if they're not the only ones that actually get repeat viewing.

Also, either DVD is guaranteed to elicit the following response from Mrs. Bootleg, "Is he the one whose brother died or the crazy one?" (In the case of Bret Hart, let's assume the two are mutually exclusive, mmm'kay?)

No comments: