Monday, December 31, 2007

Your 2007 Fantasy Football Champions


With an elated soul and exhausted typing fingers, I'm proud to be YOUR "Broken Dial League" Fantasy Football Champion for 2007. It was a long road to get here, so brew a pot of coffee and settle in for a few hours. Start the slide show, Shawn!

Quarterfinals: It was David v. Goliath as my Light-Skinned Bruthas (the 7th seed) took on the 2nd seed – who were also owned by the league commissioner. It was like "Good Taste" v. Vince McMahon, but I didn't flinch. QB Kurt Warner and RB Brian Westbrook put up matching 23 point weeks, while Packers K Mason Crosby (picked up earlier that week) had 19. Meanwhile, the commish's squad had a below-average week from everyone, but especially Peyton Manning, who threw just one TD pass vs. Oakland. Oakland!

Semi-Finals: On his first carry of a Thursday night game vs. the Rams, m'man Willie Parker went down with a season-ending injury. My opponents for the week featured RBs Classy Tomlinson and Adrian Peterson (the good one!) Thankfully, God and Allah were on my side. Kurt Warner was my QB and threw for 370 yards and 3 TDs. WR Anquan Boldin caught two of 'em for 162 yards (41 points!) My opponent only got a few series out of Tomlinson and six points each from Peterson and QB Carson Palmer. The Cinderella Story continues…

Finals: Things looked bleak on Sunday morn. My opponent put up a 51 point head start on me with WRs Randy Moss and Wes Welker. Then, they added 29 from WR Marques Colston in the early game vs. the Bears. I countered with 32 points from Kurt Warner (who, I found out from Rotowire, entered this week just shy of a pair of $500K performance incentives – Jesus needs some tithe!) Meanwhile, the Chargers defense spent three hours lighting up my Raiders (yeah, I was real torn there) and I got anywhere from 10-19 points from all but two of my skill guys (including 17 from RB Thomas Jones, who hadn't started for me all year). My opponent would only get 10 from QB Derek Anderson and a combined 4 from their TE, K and DEF (thanks, Seahawks D!)

132-108…and your new champions were crowned!

And, yes, I am one of those guys who write posts like this.

No comments: